Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So many Holidays...so little time!

This year the holiday season was packed full of fun. We celebrated Christmas, a couple birthdays, New Years and took a getaway vacation all within just a few weeks. It has been crazy but we have loved it! We couldn't have done it all without the help from our families. Thank you!!!

We spent Christmas with Brandon's family this year. It was great to have all this siblings and their families together. We even had a visit from Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. It was a fun surprise. It was a delight to watch Brenna enjoy her first Christmas. She loved opening presents and was completely spoiled by all of us. I think our little apartment will soon be getting too small for all her toys. Uh-oh!

While we were on Christmas break Brandon and I took a little relaxing getaway down to Las Vegas to spend some time with just the two of us. We left Brenna with her Grandma and Grandpa Monson for a couple days and had a great time seeing all the beautiful and over the top casinos/hotels there. We had a lot of fun. This is a picture of us inside the Paris. The ceiling was amazing! We both missed Brenna a lot, but it was really nice to have some time away together.


We also celebrated Brandon and Brenna's birthdays. I can't believe it has been a year since Brenna was born. It seems like forever ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. We had Grandma Nilson, Aunt Kati, and Grandpa Nilson over for some cake and ice cream. Brenna throughly enjoyed her cake as you can see. She is so full of energy and is a total ham. She loves to make us laugh and has made this whole year so memorable and bursting with joy!



We hope 2009 will bring even more happiness and incredible moments and memories as we have had in 2008. We have so much to be thankful for!

6 comments:

Kati said...

Love it Love it Love it! what a great photo! She looks so grown up even with cake all over her face!
Love Dew!

Krystal said...

That cake picture is classic! I'm glad you had fun celebrating Brenna's birthday. Give her a birthday kiss from Aunt Krystal!

Haylee said...

Brenna is so cute! I loved this post! I am so glad that you had such a good holiday! It sounds like some great times! You are such a cute family! I love reading your updates

Adam and Cami said...

I can't believe Brenna is already one! She is so adorable!

Leslie Monson said...

Brenna looks like a little doll! The messy face is awesome! Glad she loved her birthday. I'm missing her already!

Love Grandma Monson

Blake and Jenn said...

What a cute little girl you have! I haven't talked to you in forever and thought I'd say hi and see how things are going. It looks like you had a busy but fun holiday season. Thanks for being such a sweet girl and friend, you are amazing!!!!