Saturday, October 25, 2008

Creepin' and Crawlin' through October

Well it has been a while since our last post. Here is what we have been up to for the past few weeks at the Monson's.

Brandon has been working hard teaching seminary and doing his marketing job. I have started baby-sitting a little one year old here every weekday. She and Brenna get along really well and it is fun for here to have someone to play with besides me. We took a trip up to Idaho to visit my family during General Conference weekend. It was such a treat to spend some time with my mom and my dad and to hear the prophet and apostles speak. It always makes me feel so refreshed and motivates me to set new goals to be better. Over UEA break Brandon's family came up to Logan to stay with us. We took them to a corn maze and spooky barn ride out in Wellsville. It was really fun to have them here. We sure are thankful for our families and for the time we get to spend with them.
Brenna has now figured out how to crawl and is all over the place. She can pull herself up to lean on and cruise around the furniture pretty well too now. She is very curious and loves to make us laugh by making faces and funny sounds. She is looking more and more like a little girl and less like a baby everyday. She is a sweetheart.

I think October is one of our family's favorite months. We love the cool fall weather, the leaves changing and falling, the pumpkins, and Halloween. We got some fun new Halloween decorations this year and have them up all over the house. Last week my sister came up and we made these cute spooky treats. They were so much fun to make and tasty too! I love Halloween!



Last night we had some friends over for a Murder Mystery dinner. It was set in a New York Italian Restaurant so we decorated the dining room and everyone dressed up as their characters. Brandon was an Italian soccer player / waiter, and I was a psychic gypsy. It was a blast. Thanks to everyone for coming and playing your parts so well.

8 comments:

Kyle and Lindsay M. said...

Brenna is ADORABLE! I can't believe how big she is! Those scary treats are so cute too! I love reading your blog and I will definitely tell my family hi for you!

luann said...

The pretzels are amazing! We loved the ones Kati brought back! You two are UBER talented!

Katie Abernethy said...

That dinner looks like a lot of fun! Brenna is for sure a cutie. Glad to see you're doing well. :)

Shauna said...

How fun! That dinner looked like it was a lot of fun. I love the halloween treats...so creative! I love October too :) Brenna is getting bigger, crazy how fast it happens.

Krystal said...

How fun! I wish we could see you guys sooner. Brenna is growing up so fast!

Adam and Cami said...

looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! And Brenna is so totally cute and getting so big!

Annie said...

Sounds so fun and Brenna is so cute!!

Emily Hamilton said...

The Murder Mystery Dinner looks like so much fun! You're pretzels are amazing...how did you make those? Brenna is adorable!